September 20, 2010 - Manjusha
Adverb clauses of time
Adverb clauses of time are introduced by the subordinating conjunctions when, wherever, before, after, as, since, till, once, now that etc.
- After you have finished your work you can go home.
- Do it before it gets too late.
- As soon he heard the news he wrote to me.
- Don’t talk while the baby is sleeping.
- I have not been feeling well since I returned from Mumbai.
- Just as we entered the room, the clock struck five.
Once and now that are also sometimes used to introduce adverb clauses of time.
- Once you have made a decision, you must stick to it.
- Now that summer has come, we must buy another fan.